Sunday, September 6, 2009

North to Alaska


Today is an “At Sea Day” as we make our way up the inside passage and north to Alaska. After breakfast with an Australian couple, Bill headed off for a fitness class while I lasted five minutes in a shore excursion seminar (“For only $500 you can fly into a lodge where you’ll have the best meal Alaska has to offer while watching bear cubs who always stop by to lick off the grill where we’ve just cooked the fresh salmon…”) and escaped to an outside deck where I sat in the sun wrapped in a wool blanket and read my book.
Lunch, another presentation on South-east Alaska, more reading, a nap, and then it was time to dress for our formal dinner! We sat with an American couple and shared our political similarities then went to a broadway-style production. Lots of talent but too much sound blasting at me for my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment